Version 1.9.23 (4th March 2014)
- We have a new quick [INSTALL] link
- The Extension has been updated to allow you to select either a "dot" or number notification in the extension icon.
To set this, goto Setting, then select Badge Style Count
Version 1.9.21 (2nd March 2014)
- New Show added (Bitten)
Version 1.9.21 (21st February 2014)
- New Shows added (Heroes Reborn, Shades of Blue)
- New Show added (Ballers)
- Shows Removed (Ravenswood)
Version 1.9.21 (13th February 2014)
- New Shows added (Eye Candy, The Lottery, The Brink, Last Man on Earth)
- Shows Removed (Mob City)
Version 1.9.21 (7th February 2014)
- New Shows added (Survivor's Remorse, Benched, Married, Weird Loners, Emerald City, The Slap, Un-Real, You're the Worst, Flesh and Bone, The Astronaut Wives Club)
- Shows Removed (Family Tree, Hello Ladies, Sean Saves the World, The Michael J Fox Show)
Version 1.9.21 (18th January 2014)
- New Shows added (Dominion, Better Call Saul, Intruders, Mystery Girls, Young and Hungry, Mr. Robinson, House of Cards, Backstrom, The Affair, Happyish, Doll and Em)
- Shows Removed (Back in the Game, The Assets)
- Shows Renamed (The Black Box to Black Box)
You should see the new shows automatically appear in the settings within 5-10 mins.
Version 1.9.20 (23rd December)
- Fixed an issue with some font smoothing on Windows based machines
- Added the following shows to the Extension: A.D. , Atlantis , Crisis , Melissa and Joey , Vikings
If you find any shows missing please let us know in the comments. (You can download the Extension here)
Version 1.9.16 (16th December)
- Fixed issue with Shows missing in the Settings Screen
- Shows now correctly sort in the Settings Screen
- Orphan Black and Tyrant added to the Extension
Version 1.9.16 (15th December)
- Fixes the Issue of articles being removed from the Read It Later and Favourites tabs
- If you have the Rich Chrome Notifications enabled, when these appear on your screen, you can now click on them to open the related article.
We're pleased to announce that we've just released a major update to our Chrome Extension that allows you to receive updates about Show(s) you want without having to have the SpoilerTV website actually open. This is a great way to receive updates on just the Show(s) you want rather than updates on all shows.
The new extension has been totally re-written by the clever folks at currentlyhq.com to fix a number of issues that existing users have had with the existing version. Feel free to email them if you're interested in an extension for your own site or follow them here on their Twitter account https://twitter.com/currentlyhq
Especially like to thank Joe @ currentlyhq for getting this up and running so quickly and being very responsive to bugs and feedback as we tested the new extension.
If you have never used the extension before you can get it here.
Install the Spoiler Chrome Extension
If you are an existing user, your extension should be automatically updated shortly when the extension is pushed out to the various Google servers around the world.
NOTE: If you are an existing user the new extension will select All Shows by Default. You will need to go into the settings to turn off the show(s) that you don't want to be notified about. (See the help below for details on bulk selecting/deselecting of shows
The old extension suffered from loading issues, especially if you were tracking a lot of shows over time. This new extension will load much faster and will not slow down over time and consumes very little CPU/Memory compared to the old version.
New Settings screen to configure the extension and to select which shows/feeds/articles you want to be alerted on.
3) Alerts an and Notifications
Alerts can be delivered either via the Extension button showing a red circle or via a Chrome Notification box
When a new article has been posted on a show that you have selected in the Settings Screen, the Extension icon will change from the Standard "Blue" Icon.
to one with a Red "dot" to indicate something new is available.
The extension also offers a new, more visual notification in the form of a "Flyout". When a new article is posted you will see a visual flyout appear on your computer. You can click on it to open the article.
Again both of these notifications can be turned on/off as your see fit. These can be found in the Settings Menu.
4) Read it Later and Favourites
You can now quickly mark articles to "Read Later" or "Favourite" them to keep a permanent record of the articles that you want to catch up later with. This is very useful if you don't have time to read them immediately.
Currently there is no real difference between the Read it Later and Favourite functions. However, in the future new features will be added to these which will distinguish their functionality.
To mark an Article as a Favourite or Read it Later, simply click on the icon under the article.
All articles that you mark this way will now be available in the appropriate tab. You can access these at any time by clicking that tab at the bottom of the extension screen.
5) Improved Article Sharing
Article sharing has also been improved and more features will be coming in future releases. To Share an article with your friends, click the share icon under the article, then select the service where you want to share it.
6) Article Snippets
The new extension provides the ability to see a snippet of text from the article.
These can be turned on/off by you in the settings screen.
7) Show Selecting
We have also improved the way you can select which show(s) you want to be notified on.
In the Settings Menu you will see a list of all the show(s) available.
You can select them manually by ticking/un-ticking the boxes next to each show.
Your changes are immediately saved.
If you wish to quickly Select All or De-select All shows, click on the little "..." icon.
This will then give you the option to Select/Deselect all.
8) Other "Special" Feeds
We also have a number of "Special Feeds" that are not related to actual shows. These can be found at the bottom of the Show List in the settings.
Again, you have the ability to turn these on and off at your discretion.
9) Articles Opening
You can now configure how articles are opened when you click on them. You have 2 choices.
If you select "Open Links in the Background", when you click an article from the list of articles, then the article will open in a newly created tab in the background and keep the extension list open. This allows you to quickly open multiple articles without having to load the extension window each time.
If you turn off "Open Links in the Background" then the article will open immediately and you will be taken to it with the extension window closing.
We hope you enjoy this new extension and we have some other new features planned for it in the future.
If you have any problems/questions/suggestions or any feedback at all please don't hesitate in leaving a comment below.
Download the Chrome Extension here.