Dear walkers fans, the end is coming ! The Walking Dead will air its season 6 penultimate episode this Sunday on AMC, and next Monday on FOX in the UK, titled "East". And WOW, what a great episode it will be !
Season 6B has been an extraordinary season, each episode kept being better than the last, and the pattern won’t stop with "East". As I was very fond of 6A and its narration from different characters in each episode, I had my doubts about this second half of season 6. But from the epic Alexandria’s battle in the MSF, Jesus and the Hilltop’s introduction, the romance inside the walls and mostly the different confrontations with the Saviors, this season has been such an epic and thrilling ride. I can’t believe it will be over soon. But at least we’ll get a super sized finale next week.
So, the week episode, "East"will be another great episode of season 6B. And for once, the penultimate episode won’t be a slow paced episode, setting things for the season finale. "East"will a very captivating, with some excellent action packed moments. It mainly deal with the aftermaths of last week events : Denise’s death and Carol’s decision to leave Alexandria. Those events will affect Alexandria’ residents in different ways, leading some of them outside the walls and with the Saviors threat, it’s always dangerous now to be outside.
The Saviors can be anywhere, and they’re never where you expect them to be. At first, two groups will go outside the walls, but one group will go separate ways. So, there will be three groups running outside and only one character will get back to Alexandria by the end of the episode !
And here are some other teasers from "East":
- "East"will open with a very mysterious and short scene. It must be one of the shortest scene to open an episode, but damn, we'll make you wonder what the hell is happening. (Everything will make more sense later on the episode).
- There will some awkward eyes contact between Sasha and Rosita. Those two really need to talk I guess.
- Someone will almost get shot by an arrow ! Not again !
- Two survivors will meet some fresh walkers… Being dead for only a couple of days or hours.
- Someone will get a haircut. Those things still matter in the Next World.
- We will meet Nancy.
- Someone will mention Tara and his/her concern about her reaction when she finds out about Denise.
- Rick will talk about that time at the prison when he made Carol leave, and if he would do the same today.
- I’m sure you have missed Morgan’ speech about all life being precious etc… Well, he has a new one coming up in "East". He will also mention the wolf he kept in Alexandria, and he has an interesting theory about him.
- "It's All Over" by Johnny Cash will be featured in this episode.
- We will find out how Carol prepared herself for her trip outside Alexandria (yes I'm in denial and calling it a trip) and also when and how she left the safe zone.
- Jesus and the hilltop community will be mentioned ! (They better appear in the super sized finale)
- Carol’s escape might not be what she expected.
- The protein bar that got stolen will be mentioned again
- There will be a sexy shower scene. And it won't be Rick and Michonne as they''ll have their moment in bed (as seen in the sneak peek)
- Someone might be a little too confident about his/her skills and what’s coming. Over confidence can turn out to be dangerous...
- Finally, Carl will be seen ! And I’m sure you’re going to love his scene. Eunid will also be back !
- We will meet some Saviors ! There are really a lot of them. And some we’ve already met will be back.
- One character will want to seek revenge on Denise’s death, and he/she might have some support.
- You can not miss the very end of the episode. I was so shocked, I had to rewatch it 2 or 3 times. It’ll be so sudden. Damn, this show…
"East" is obviously a must see episode. It’ll be a new very exciting episode, continuing last week stories (Denise'death and Carol's leaving) and also setting up some things for the season finale. Negan and his Saviors are really a big threat over Rick and his group’s heads now, how exciting !
Don’t miss "East" this Sunday on AMC and next Monday on FOX in the UK. Which parts are you the most looking forward ? What do you think of the Saviors for now ? Who’s going to die in the finale ? Hit the comments !
And Please DO NOT post spoilers from other sites in the comments of this preview. Doing so will have your comments removed and repeat violations, your account blocked.
And now, the quotes game ! Guess which character will say those quotes (each quote is from a different character !) :
2- "That woman is a force of nature."
3- "You’ll be alright."
4- "Cover my watch, you stay."
5- "Need some more help."
6- "I’ll square it, I promise you."
7- "Out !"
8- "She’s still out there too."
9- "Not really from anywhere, not really going anywhere."
10- "Happy to see you."
And finally, as it’s probably my last preview of the season (it’s unlikely we’ll receive screener for the season finale), I just wanted to thank all of you commenting and discussing the episode each week here. Writing those articles and discussing about them with you has been an enlightening experience for me. Thanks a lot, you rock !!!
About the Author - Romain Ossust