They are back ! Finally, after a 2 months hiatus, that felt like 6, The Walking Dead will return on AMC Sunday 14th and Monday 15th on FOX in the UK, with "No Way Out", kicking off the second part of season 6.
The long wait is almost over and our patience will be greatly rewarded as "No Way Out" is definitely the best mid-season premiere. And I am proving my point, without any spoilers obviously :
First, all the characters will appear and will have something interesting to do. Finally, each member of the cast will have at least one important moment in the episode. That’s a big change from the first part of the season. I know there have been some complaints about season 6A's format. I actually enjoyed the rhythm with different and only a few characters in each episodes. Even though it led to less screen time for some our favorite characters, it also gave a more captivating pace to the show, and it allowed new characters to be nicely introduced. Denise and Health were perfectly added to the cast thanks to Gimple’s rhythm.
But "No Way Out" actually reminded me how great and fantastic the whole cast are together. It’s so much better to watch all the characters evolving in the same time, specially in a time of crisis. And between the herd inside the walls and the Saviors, there'll be crisis to deal with. Having all the characters evolving around or inside the Alexandria Safe Zone will really make the show more entertaining and thrilling to watch. The tension will be higher than ever as you will fear for each character's lives all the time. Plus, there will be a great group scene that we will remember forever. It's rare now in The Walking Dead to have all the characters involved in the same time, that probably what will make "No Way Out" so special and so exciting.
Then, "No Way Out" is the best MSP because it will perfectly resolve the stories left unfinished last year and it will set up the new season. "No Way Out" will be a real game changer. Of course I won’t say anything about what happens in the episode, but by the end of it, all the characters will be changed and affected somehow by the events of the MSP. Change will definitely be the main theme of the episode. A lot of characters will have their moments in "No Way Out", where they finally grown and overcome their fears and doubts or at least they will try to. You will be surprised by some of their actions and reactions. Many characters will reveal themselves. "No Way Out" will really put in perspective everything that happened before, all the events of season 6A has led to this episode. It will open new paths for all the characters, and it promises an exciting and different tone for the rest of season.
And finally, "No Way Out" will be the best because it's an action packed episode ! It will be an epic episode from start to finish. The herd will be so terrifying, it'll be so big. I don’t think I’ve ever watched that many walkers from close in one single episode. The makeups will be particularly spectacular. The walkers are more disgusting than ever, and really scarier with their horrible long teeth... And of course, there will be the Saviors who will be quite threatening too. There won't be any moment to catch your breathe in "No Way Out".
"No Way Out" will be a perfect succession of terrific, powerful and meaningful scenes. It will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat, it’s definitely The Walking Dead at its best. And here some teasers about "No Way Out" :
- The first 5 minutes are spectacular. Daryl, Sasha and Abe will meet for the first time with the Saviors as shown in the Prologue. And let’s just say we won’t forget ever about that first meeting.
- One character’s voice-over will give you chills !
- People hide guns and ammo in the weirdest places ever.
- Through "No Way Out", several deceased characters (at least, one major from each seasons like Andrea or Dale) will be mentioned. Also, the episode will make a lot of references to events from the past seasons. All those references will be beautifully written in and they will give more depth to the characters psychologies.
- Guess who will wake up first between Carol and Morgan after their fight in the midseason finale ?
- Negan will be mentioned, twice.
- The directing and the soundtrack will be particularly remarkable in "No Way Out".
- Someone unexpected will take care of Judith when Rick decides to put a new plan in motion.
- Denise will be one of the character in danger, as she will be held hostage by the wolf and he has a special plan for her.
- We will learn a bit about the Saviors’ habits, how they operate, what they want and what their rules are. They might be the worst characters of The Walking Dead… At least they’re not eating other people for now.
- Glenn will make a powerful speech about surviving and what matters in this world now. It will be quite a touching scene. I’m actually glad Glenn survived now...
- Melissa McBride will particularly shine in one scene. Carol will share a powerful scene with another character, and McBride’s portray of Carol’s inner and mixed feelings is just splendid and heartbreaking.
- And finally, there will be deaths, and not a few. That’s what we love about The Walking Dead, the danger is everywhere and any character (except a few major) can go at anytime and with the herd and the Saviors, the danger will be present all the time. There will be some surprising and emotional deaths.
"No Way Out" is clearly a don’t miss episode, It’s the perfect mix of all the various elements that make The Walking Dead such a unique and captivating show.
"No Way Out" will air Sunday 14th on AMC and Monday 15th on FOX in the UK, so don't miss it ! Which parts are you the most excited about ? Who do you think will die ? Who you think will change ? Hit the comments !
And finally the quote game ! Guess which character will say those quotes (Each quote is from a different character) :
1- "Who are those people to you ?"
2- "She needs us"
3- "This is a story people are gonna tell"
4- "What a bunch of assholes"
5- "Let's get you fixed up at home"
6- "I should have killed you"
7- "Go to Hell"
8- "I’m sorry"
9- "We’ll die"
10- "They’re still here ‘cause you’re still here"