The 100 is ending its freshman season with a two-part finale called "We Are Grounders", the first of which aired this past Wednesday while the second part is airing in two days.
Part 1 basically set things up for the finale, which I believe is going to be huge and which has been hyped as such. Honestly speaking, there was nothing spectacularly huge in this episode (e.g. explosions or deaths), and yet it was a very solid hour.
Back at camp, Murphy continues his revenge by killing yet another guy (though I can't remember what he had to do with Murphy's hanging). An unfortunate Jasper witnesses this event, and Murphy takes him hostage and locks them up in the dropship. Bellamy offers to trade himself for Japser, as Bellamy knows Murphy wants revenge on him. As Murphy taunts Bellamy, Jasper and Raven work to free him. When the door of the ship finally opens, Murphy has hanged Bellamy and attempts to escape. The 100's leader is, of course, not dead as he gaspes for air. Murphy exits the ship by blowing a hole in it, thereby once again escaping death.
Things are not much better on the Ark, which is running out of time as Jaha tells them they have 51 hours left to live. Our newfound hero Kane cannot accept this and desperately searches for a solution. Abby suffers a nervous breakdown as she operates on a patient who resembles Clarke, and Abby realizes she is gonna die with her daughter blaming her for her father's death. Jaha gets all sentimental by opening a bottle that was supposed to be opened on Earth and watching videos of a young Clarke and Wells. But suddenly, he gets an Eureka moment and tells the others his survival plan: using the Ark to get to Earth. While 95% of the Ark will be destroyed, the remaining 5% has a possibility to make it. Will they make it?
By the way, did you all notice that the horse on which Clarke and Lincoln were riding, was a mutant? Personally, I did not see it but was made aware of that after a tweet by Jason Rothenberg. It is easy to forget that we have seen a mutant deer before. There is so much we still don't know about this planet and I'm hoping we will get to explore this more in season 2!
What did you think of this episode? Did you enjoy the performances I mentioned? What do you think is going to happen in the finale? Check here for a promo of the finale, and then tell me your opinions and predictions!