Posted by Geo N at Tuesday, April 01, 2014 13 CommentsGN Resurrection Reviews
The fourth episode of Resurrection aired on Sunday night and concluded the first half of, what will hopefully be, its freshman season. I have been enjoying the first season so far and each episode has brought an equal number of questions and answers surrounding the mythology of the show. Episode number four seemed a little slow at times and focused a little too much on Caleb for my liking, but did have a few more clues for us to decode. The clues still don't add up to much, but it still makes the episodes a little more interesting. I expected this episode to focus a little more on the most recently 'returned', Rachael. I thought there would be a ton of new clues to sift through and hopefully, together, we could make some sense of the show and get closer to the 'Why?' of it all.
'Us Against The World' was full of Caleb's comings and goings and the heist he pulled on Arcadia Bank & Trust was a little confusing. He used the motorcycle he was repairing with Ray last episode, which was not a good idea. I'm sure, since everyone probably knows it's Rays, he would be a suspect. It was at this point that I thought, someone must be pulling the strings on the 'returned', because none of theft made any sense. Why would Caleb do that knowing that Elaine works at the bank and would instantly be a suspect? I don't think it was confirmed before this episode but now we know that Caleb died 13 years ago. We knew before it was from a massive coronary he suffered behind his cabin and the person that he killed, Dale Getheard, was the one to find him.
Rachael left the church where Tom let her stay and we learn a little more of her backstory and past engagement to Tom. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with her storyline in the episode. I was under the impression most of it would be regarding her and what she has gone through or recalls. It would have been nice to get a third perspective on the 'returned' and what they have gone through. Rachael admits, to Tom's disappointment, that she knew what she was doing 12 years ago when she drove her car off the bridge 12 years ago, committing suicide.
The big reveal of the night, in my opinion, was during Maggie's drive with Jacob to go get ice cream. Jacob 'senses' Caleb in the old factory just by driving by it. This reveal gave us a clue albeit one we really can't do anything with at the moment. It's just one piece of a very large puzzle. Can all the 'returned' sense each other? Can they communicate with each other? Using his 'special power', Jacob inadvertently helps the police catch Caleb. I was a little confused with the scene immediately before Caleb gives himself up, sitting inside the factory; I was not sure if he thought Elaine betrayed him or not? Maybe one of you could shed some light on that scene.
Sunday night's episode could technically be considered a mid-season finale. It's the half-way point of the short first season. There are only 4 episodes remaining and I hope that the story picks up the pace a little bit. I enjoy the show and would like for it to get a second season and the ratings look good enough to award them one. However, this season still has some answers to deliver and I believe Caleb said it best with his ominous warning, "No, it's just the beginning".
Thoughts and Questions
- Is anyone else a little annoyed by Helen from the church, lol?
- Did you notice...All of the 'returned' wore the color red somewhere on their body when they were first discovered? Jacob had a red shirt on, Caleb a red hat and Rachael a red dress. I wonder what Barbara was wearing if that is here at Sam Caitlin's home?
- Clue...Jacob, and possibly the other 'Returned' can 'sense' each other and know where the others' location is.
- Clue...Rachael, the most recent 'returned' also has an insatiable appetite. Why? What is the reason for the increased metabolism and subsequent hunger?
- Clue...I was taken aback when we found out that Rachael had committed suicide when she died the first time. I guess any way you die does not exclude you from 'returning'. I don't know why I thought that if you committed suicide you couldn't 'return', lol.
- Clue...Rachael returned 3 days ago. I assume the same exact time Jacob and Caleb 'returned'.
- Why do you think no one has thought to quarantine the 'Returned'? Is it because the government does not know about them yet?
- Is it possible that, since Jacob can sense Caleb, that all of the 'returned' can 'sense' each other? And possibly communicate with each other?
- If they can communicate with each other maybe someone is orchestrating the whole idea for nefarious goals? That's a stretch, but a possibility...right?
- When will Marty, Fred and Maggie just put all three 'returned' characters in a room and just start asking questions? Lol, I'm just kidding, that wouldn't make for great viewing, would it?...or maybe...no,no jk.
Thank you for reading my Review! I apologize for the Review being a little short and scattered, but I have been sick with the flu since Sunday morning and do not feel any better as of Tuesday. Please comment below so we can discuss the show a little further; I would love to know what everyone thinks with only 4 episodes left!
Click here to Read our Comment Policy
Your comments will NOT be posted unless you Verify Your Disqus Account.
Otherwise, it will be held in the moderation queue.
Here at SpoilerTV we allow you to personalize your experience by allowing you to customize various items on the site.
Background Colour Picker
Rounded Edges Sharp Edges Circle Square None
All you need to do is to put a link to your banner in the box below and press the Click Button. (For best results your image should be 1090px wide and 200px high.)
We have more banners in our Banner Gallery here.