Update: 4th October We've changed the point at which widescreen will start to work to 1500px.
Update: 4th October Thanks for all the great feedback here in the comments and via email. As a result we've made a few tweaks.
Hopefully it's a bit less "in your face" ;)
- Main Menu Font has been reduced
- Menu Bar is now 1 line, showing just the most popular links.
- Author and Comments Links have been reduced
- Sidebar Header fonts reduced
- Sidebar Links and Text have been de-bolded.
- Recent Comments Fonts have been reduced and de-bolded.
Please keep your feedback coming if you have any.
As some of you with wide monitors have already noticed, we now have a widescreen version of the site, for anyone running their browser wider than 1500px.
We're just trying this out to see how many people use it and how we can improve things for people with wide monitors.
- Videos will play much wider.
- Sidebar Text Font increased to improve readability
- Menu Text Font increased to improve readability
- Title, Author and Label Font increased to improve readability
- Article Text has been increased
- Comments section is now wider
- Embedded Spreadsheets and Tables will display more of the spreadsheet before you need to scroll
- The What's on Tonight Listing should be easier to read
- Increased width for articles
- Increased sidebar width
If you are running a wide monitor but still prefer the normal, more compact version, simply reduce the width of your browser to be less than 1500px and the old style will reappear.
There will no doubt be a number of little bugs or layout issues that we might have missed as this is the first version.
If you have any suggestions about how the wider screen can be improved or if you find any layout bugs please let us know in the comments below.
As you know we love to hear your thoughts and opinions and we really do read every suggestions and criticism in order to make the site as best we can.