Posted by Dahne1 at Saturday, June 22, 2013 20 Comments
Bobby Singer has been everything to the Winchesters: life saver, father figure, research provider, home base, longtime friend, teacher, hunting partner, and when need be, the one to give them a swift kick in the pants. Part of the Winchester family in every way except blood, he's known the brothers since they were kids and despite an estrangement period due to a falling out with John, he has always had their backs. Bobby also coordinated a hunter network before his untimely death and was the go-to guy in many ways for many in the hunting world. His library helped save the world time and time again. Because Bobby is such an amazing character, there is no way a single post could do him justice so this article encompasses only the first 4 seasons. Please share your favorite Bobby quotes in the comments. Also don't forget to vote for which quotes you'd like to see in our huge Supernatural Quotes Contest, which starts this week. Voting ends Sunday at 1 pm so I can get the first round of the contest going. Happy voting!
AHBL2 - Bobby: "What? And it didn't before? Have you got that low an opinion of yourself? Are you that screwed in the head?"
M7 - I believe in a lot of things. Coincidence ain't one of them."
M7 - Bobby: "We're no good dead and we're not gonna make a move until we know what the score is."
SC - Bobby: "Humans ain't our job."
DaLDoM - Bobby: " Bobby: "Everybody got into hunting somehow." Dean: "I'm sorry." Bobby: "Don't be sorry. If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost in there. Or dead. Thank you."
DaLDoM - Bobby: "Don't yell at me boy. I'm working my a** off here."
LR - Dean: “Bobby, you should have been looking after him.” Bobby: “I tried. These last months haven’t exactly been easy you know for him or me. We had to bury you.”
LR - Bobby: “Don’t get me wrong. I am gladdened that Sam’s soul remains intact but it does raise a sticky question.”
15. WtLB - Dean: "Bobby you saw what was happening to him down there. The demon blood is killing him." Bobby: "No it isn't. we are." Dean: "What?" Bobby: "I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer. We're killing him. Keeping him locked up down there. This cold turkey thing isn't working. If…if he doesn't get what he needs soon Sam's not going to last much longer."
14. AHBL2 - Dean: "I couldn't let him die Bobby. I couldn't. He's my brother." Bobby: "How's your brother going to feel when he knows you're going to hell? How'd you feel when you knew your dad went for you?"
13. AYTGIMDW - “Revelations. This is a sign.” Dean and Sam together: “A sign of what?” Bobby: “The Apocalypse.”
12. DT - Bobby: "Storm's coming and you boys, your daddy, you are smack in the middle of it."
11. WtLB - Bobby: "Us finding Sam, that's got to be about getting him back not pushing him away." Dean: "Right." Bobby: "I know you're mad Dean. I understand. You've got a right to be. But I'm just saying be good to him anyway. You've got to get through to him."
10. Rapture - Sam: "Alright so…uh, what's the big demon problem?" Bobby: "You are. This is for your own good."
9. MS - FakeBobby: "You and Dean, you boys are the closest thing I have to family. I want to do this."
8. LR - Dean: "Hey Bobby, what's the deal with the liquor store? What? Are your parents out of town or something?" Bobby: "Like I said, last few months ain't been all that easy."
7. WtLB - Bobby: "Damn it boy." Sam: "You won't shoot me Bobby." Bobby: "Don't test me." Sam: "You won't do it. You can't do it." Bobby: "We're trying to help you Sam."
6. AHBL2 - Bobby: "You stupid a**! What did you do? What did you do? You made a deal…for Sam didn't you? How long did they give you?" Dean: "Bobby." Bobby: "HOW LONG?" Dean: "One year." Bobby: "Damn it Dean."
5. LR - Bobby: “It’s good to see you boy.” Dean: “Yeah, you too.”
4. DaLDoM - Bobby: "You were possessed, baby. You were rabid and I didn't know what I know now. I didn't know how to save you."
3. WtLB - Bobby: "Look I know you hate me for suggesting it. I hate me for suggesting it. I love that boy like a son. All I'm saying is maybe he's here right now instead of on the battlefield because we love him too much."
2. AHBL2 - Bobby: "I could throttle you." Dean: "What and send me downstairs ahead of schedule?" Bobby: "What is it with you Winchesters huh? You, your dad, you're just itching to throw yourselves down the pit."
1. NR4tW - Bobby: "The hell it isn't. Family don't end with blood boy."
DT - Bobby: "You just go find your dad. And when you do, you bring him around would ya? I won't even try to shoot him this time."
NR4tW - Dean: "How'd you know?" Bobby: "Because that's what happens when you've got hellhounds on your butt. And because I'm smart. I'll follow. Don't be stopping to pee every 10 minutes either."
AYTGIMDW - Sam: “Something’s up huh?” Bobby: “You think.”
Rapture - Sam: "What's going on?" Bobby: "The Apocalypse genius. Now get your a** over here."
LR - Bobby: "Dean. Dean? You listen to a word I said?" Dean: "Yeah I heard you. I'm not calling him." Bobby: "Don't make me get my gun boy."
15. SC - Dean: "So if we want to go check out these omens in Ohio, you think you can have that thing ready by this afternoon?" Bobby: "Well it won't kill demons by then, but I can promise you it'll kill you."
14. DT - Bobby: "You get a demon in one, they're trapped, powerless. It's like a satanic roach motel."
13. AYTGIMDW - Bobby: “You thought our luck was going to start now all of a sudden?"
12. WtLB - Bobby: "Correct me if I'm wrong but you willingly signed up to be the angel's b**. I'm sorry. You prefer sucker."
11. NR4tW - Bobby: "Well you've got just over 5 hours to go. You're piercing the veil Dean. You're glimpsing the B-side.." Dean: "Little les New Age-y please." Bobby: "You're almost hell's b** so you can see hell's other b**."
10. LR - Dean: “I’m not a demon either you know.” Bobby: “Sorry. Can’t be too careful.”
9. WtLB - Dean: "How long's this going to go on?" Bobby: "Here, let me look it up in my demon detox manual. Oh wait, no one ever wrote one."
8. TT - Bobby: "You guys are breaking my heart. Could we please just leave?"
7. NR4tW - Bobby: "Where do you think you're going?" Dean: "We got the knife." Bobby: "And you intend to use it without me. Do I look like a ditchable prom date to you?"
6. S&V - Bobby: “Good. Well the next time you want to waste my time with stupid questions, don’t.”
5. BUaBS - Bobby: "A little holy water in the beer. Sam never would have noticed but then you're not Sam are ya? Don't try to con a con man."
4. DT - Dean: "Well yeah but the last time we saw you I mean you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. You cocked the shotgun and everything." Bobby: "Yeah well what can I say, John just has that effect on people."
3. LR - Bobby: “This is a bad idea.” Dean: “Yeah I couldn’t agree more but what other choice do we have.” Bobby: “We could choose life.”
2. M7 - Bobby: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."
1. AYTGIMDW - Sam: “You built a panic room?” Bobby: “I had a weekend off.”
Quotes Too Long for the Poll:
Dracula: "Ah you have brought a repast, excellent. Continue to be of such service and your life will be spared." PG: "Uh huh, that will be $15.50." Dracula: "Tell me." Pizza Guy (PG): "Yeah." Dracula: "Is there garlic on this pizza?" PG: "I don't know. Did you order garlic?" Dracula: "No." PG: "Then no. Look mister I've got 4 other deliveries to make. You want to just pay me the money so I can go." Dracula: "Of course yes, but I have a coupon." (Monster Movie)
Dean: "Sam, I'm not going to make a left hand turn into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal. Did I just say that? That's kind of weird." Sam: "How are you feeling?" Dean: "Awesome. It's nice having my head on the chopping block again. I almost forgot what that feels like." (Yellow Fever)
Dean: "You know I finally get why you and dad butted heads so much. You two are practically the same person. I mean I worshipped the guy you know. I dressed like him, I acted liked him, I listened to the same music, but you are more like him than I will ever be. I see that now." Sam: "I'll take that as a compliment." Dean: "You can take it anyway you want." (Jump the Shark)
Cas: "We need to talk." Dean: "I'm dreaming, aren't I?" Cas: "It's not safe here. Somewhere more private." Dean: "More private? We're inside my head." Cas: "Exactly. Someone could be listening." (The Rapture)
Bobby: "Correct me if I'm wrong but you willingly signed up to be the angels' b**. I'm sorry. You prefer sucker? After everything you said about them, now you trust them?" Dean: "Oh give me a little credit Bobby. I've never trusted them less. I mean they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan." (When the Levee Breaks)
Dean: "I tried Sammy. I mean I really tried, but I just can't keep pretending that everything's alright because it's not and it's never going to be. You chose a demon over your own brother and look what happened." Sam: "I would give anything, anything to take it all back." Dean: "I know you would and I know how sorry you are. I do, but man you were the one that I depended on the most and you let me down in ways that I can't even…I'm just…I'm having a hard time forgiving and forgetting here you know." Sam: "What can I do?" Dean: "Honestly nothing. I just don't…I don't think that we can ever be what we were you know. I just don't think I can trust you." (Sympathy for the Devil)
Dean: "You don't stop being a soldier because you got wounded in battle. Okay no matter what shape you're in, bottom line is your family. Now I don't know if you've noticed, but me and Sam, we don't have much left. I can't do this without you. I can't. So don't you dare think about checking out. I don't want to hear that again." (The Curious Case of Dean Winchester)
RoboSam: "I'd double cross us. I mean he's got to realize that's his best bet if he wants to keep breathing." Dean: "Nah, he'll go through with it." RoboSam: "You mean because he loves that family?" Dean: "Yeah." RoboSam: "I'd double cross us." Dean: "Thanks Dexter, that's reassuring." RoboSam: "Just making conversation." (All Dogs Go to Heaven)
Sam: "Colt? Colt like…" Dean: "Like THE Colt from…Samuel Colt's journal." Sam: "What? That's his?" Dean: "Yeah." Sam: "Dude, no." Dean: "Dude, yes." Sam: "Well let me see it." Dean: "Get your own." (Frontierland)
Dean: "You cannot be in that crater back there. I can't…If you're gone, I swear I am going to strap my Beautiful Mind brother into the car and I'm going to drive us off the pier. You asked me how I was doing? Well not good. Now you said you'd be here. Where are you?" (Hello, Cruel World)
Bobby: "That's all I've got so far, but you know what this means." Sam: "Yeah, we've got to find him before he goes underground again." Bobby: "No ya idjit. It means you two got to get the hell out of Dodge. This guy hones in on people that feel guilty. Who does that sound like to you?" (Defending Your Life)
Sam: "You know George Foreman named all his sons George." Dean: "Are you deliberately messing with me? Dude I know weird okay? There is no non-weird explanation for this. This morning Emma was a baby. By sunset she's Hannah Montana…early years." (The Slice Girls)
Dean: "Alright well let's do it but…uh, a few simple rules okay?" No babies. In fact no baby mamas, no bars, no booze…no hot chicks of any kind." Sam: "Wait, wait, wait…did you just say…" Dean: "Hey you spawn a monster baby, see how quick you want to dive back in the pool." (PPMM)
Crowley: "Hello boys. Dean you're looking…well let's just say Purgatory didn't do you any favors. Where's your angel?" Dean: "Ask your mother." Crowley: "There's that grade school zip. Missed it. I really did. Moose, still with the pork chops. Admire that." (We Need to Talk about Kevin)
Dean: "I'm a grunt Sam. You're not. You've always been the brains of this operation." Sam: "Dean…" Dean: "And you told me yourself that you see a way out. You see a light at the end of this ugly a** tunnel. I don't, but I'll tell you what I do know is that I'm going to die with a gun in my hand. Look that's what I have waiting for me. That's all I have waiting for me. I want you to get out. I want you to have a life…become a Men of Letters, whatever. You with a wife and kids and…and…and…grandkids, living until you're fat and bald and chugging Viagra. That's my perfect ending and it's the only one that I'm going to get. So I'm doing these trials. I'm going to do them alone, end of story. You're staying here. I'm going out there. If land shark comes knocking, you call me. If you try to follow me, I am going to put a bullet in your damn leg." (Trial and Error)
Dean: "We are going into this deal blind and I don't know what's ahead or what it's going to bring for Sam. Now he's covering pretty good but I know that he is hurting and this one was supposed to be on me so for all that we've been through, I'm asking you. You keep a lookout for my little brother okay." (Remember the Titans)
Dean: "Just hold on, hold on. You seriously think that because none of it…none of it is true. Listen man, I know we've had our disagreements. Okay hell I know I've said some junk that's set you back on your heels, but Sammy come on. I killed Benny to save you. I'm willing to let this b** and all the SoB's that killed mom walk because of you. Don't you dare think that there is anything past or present that I would put in front of you. It has never been like that…ever! I need you to see that. I'm begging you." (Sacrifice)
Follow SpoilerTV on Social Media
Print FriendlyFull Screen