The 100th episode of Psych is almost upon us friends! And following in the footsteps of the earlier episodes this season, it's awesome. For those of you who may not know, the episode pays homage to the classic movie Clue, and even contains several of the film's cast members. The episode is fun, spooky, quirky - overall a great example of all the things that Psych does well.
And now for your Baker's Dozen Non-Spoilery Teases:
- The case relates back to one of Shawn and Gus' first cases ever (although not one that was shown onscreen).
- This episode includes the best invitation to a party I've ever seen. Though it did get stuck in my head.
- Shawn may be in a bit of trouble with Juliet for breaking a promise.
- A doorbell sound effect will freak you out EVERY time it rings.
- Shawn and Gus' excitement could lead to something deadly.
- Apparently Shawn and Gus have an arrangement for how to deal with the meals of the dead. (As in, what happens to their food)
- It's hard not to laugh every time someone says the butler's name.
- The eclectic collection of weapons assembled by partygoers is...certainly unique. (SPOILER: Shawn wields a "weapon" that is usually used to riff the sweet sounds of jazz)
- A dangerous pet roaming the grounds means the guests are stuck in the house.
- There is an awful lot of hurried running as a large group from room to room.
- Shawn and Gus manage to annoy their way out of an interrogation.
- A secret room may be found, but it's not what anyone was expecting.
- A couple people get shot - though a few more dangerously than others. (SPOILER: The one with littler physical damage makes a lot more noise)
And for a final bonus tease - I don't even know how the episode ends! Why? Because it hasn't been decided yet. Wednesday night during the show, the VIEWERS get to choose who did it, out of several different endings, much like the original Clue movie.