Posted by Bunky Bunk at Saturday, January 05, 2013 1 CommentsMisc Shows
The highly anticipated Sundance original series Rectify will début on April 22, 2013 at 10pm.
The six-episode hour-long series, created and written by Ray McKinnon (The Accountant, Mud, Lincoln Potter in SoA season 4) and executive produced by Mark Johnson & Melissa Bernstein (Breaking Bad), marks the first wholly owned Sundance Channel scripted production.
When Daniel Holden is released after nearly 20 years of complete isolation on Death Row, he returns as an outsider to his family, to his community, and to the times. Somehow, he survived the mental and emotional strain of his imprisonment, but now the walls have suddenly come crumbling down and Daniel is set free in a world he no longer understands. He’s an outsider, lost in a once familiar world, struggling to navigate his new found freedom. Combined with two decades of technological and social changes to his small town and the larger world, everything he encounters is a puzzle.
Daniel’s unexpected presence not only throws his family into disarray, it ripples out to all the people connected to his case — the prosecutor who rode the notoriety to become a State Senator, the Sheriff who pushed the boundaries of the investigation, and the entire town of Paulie, GA, that blamed him for killing one of their own. Like a deadly spark, Daniel’s release reignites the mystery, the power plays, and the questionable justice that condemned him.
Sarah Barnett, Executive VP and General Manager of Sundance Channel, said : “We couldn’t be happier with the caliber of this series : from the dramatic tension of the narrative, to the complexity of the beautifully written and acted characters, we’re confident that Rectify will resonate with our viewers, and also attract a whole new audience that is drawn to exceptional storytelling".
Also starring in Rectify alongside Aden Young as Daniel Holden are :
- Abigail Spencer who portrays Amantha Holden, Daniel Holden’s younger sister who believes completely in his innocence and has devoted her entire adult life to securing his release.
- J. Smith Cameron who plays Janet Talbot, Daniel’s loving mother, who has been living with the impending death of her son for 19 years, and who long ago had made peace with the loss of her son, giving up on any hope for his release.
- Luke Kirby tackles the role of Jon Stern, Daniel’s lawyer who works for an organization dedicated to exonerating the wrongfully convicted.
- Clayne Crawford portrays Ted Talbot Jr, Daniel’s stepbrother whom he had never previously met.
- Adelaide Clemens plays Tawney Talbot, Ted’s kind-hearted wife.
- Bruce McKinnon as Daniel’s step father Ted Sr.
- Jake Austin Walker as Daniel’s half brother Jared.
- Michael O’Neill as Senator Roland Foulkes.
- Hal Holbrook as Rutherford Gaines, Daniel’s former attorney.
The talent behind the camera suggests this will be ambitious enough, and The Sundance Channel is owned by the AMC group (so is IFC, and they're doing great comedy)... I have a good feeling about this.
I'm very much looking forward to it. What are your thoughts on Rectify ?
Click here to Read our Comment Policy
Your comments will NOT be posted unless you Verify Your Disqus Account.
Otherwise, it will be held in the moderation queue.
Here at SpoilerTV we allow you to personalize your experience by allowing you to customize various items on the site.
Background Colour Picker
Rounded Edges Sharp Edges Circle Square None
All you need to do is to put a link to your banner in the box below and press the Click Button. (For best results your image should be 1090px wide and 200px high.)
We have more banners in our Banner Gallery here.