― George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
Together we can save BATB
#Save BATB – Talk Show Appearances – Get BATB on Wendy Williams
This is the week we focus on getting BATB on the Wendy Williams show!
I know a talk show that is hip, popping, geared to our exact demo. It also has a large devoted audience as well as a lovable and outspoken host. I’m talking about The Wendy Williams Show. Did you know the show airs in over 52 countries around the world? Did you also know that Ms. Wendy is a sucker for an underdog? If we manage this, it would be a huge deal.
I'm not stopping there either, if successful, I plan on doing it all over again to get BATB on The Talk, The View and Kelly & Michael.
Want to join us? For more information on how to participate please visit my blog.
We’re going to need a whole lot of beasties to make it work so please spread this across all the social media platforms you can think of (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Get Glue, etc.).
Don't sit around wishing you could make a difference, get involved!
Time to beast up and roar louder than ever before!
•Don’t forget to live tweet with the show (@cwbatb) every Monday night at 9 PM EST/8PM Central on The CW.
•Trend events begin at 6 PM EST and end around 1 AM EST.
•The official hashtag according to Nielsen and Trendrr is STILL #BATB.
•Also remember to only use two hashtags in your tweets, otherwise it is filtered out as spam.
Synopsis: VINCENT SEES WHAT HIS LIFE COULD HAVE BEEN — When some of Gabe’s (Sendhil Ramamurthy) acquaintances go missing, Cat (Kristin Kreuk) and Vincent (Jay Ryan) must come together to save them. Vincent ends up returning to the hospital where he was an intern, allowing him to see what his life could have been.
My thought on this week’s writer…
I was underwhelmed with everything in the script for this episode. Whether it was the atrocious dialog, the numerous plot holes or the shirking of canon and continuity everything was lackluster and damn near unforgivable. Thank goodness the cast and Jay Ryan most all, rose above it or this episode would have been a complete an utter disaster.
My thoughts on this week’s director…
Not much to say about our new director Grant Harvey. This episode did not differentiate itself from any other and that is meant in the most neutral of ways. The lighting was better but if only because we were able to get quite a few scenes out in the open and during the day time.
Character of the Night
• Vincent, wow, two weeks in a row. Good on you writers but now is the time to start fixing Cat. Can anyone remember the last time I said she was my character of the night? What was it six episodes ago?
Best Character Interactions
• JT and Vincent
• Vincent and his mentor, Dr. Marcus
Line of the Night
JT: It’s hard to be Dr. Jekyll when everyone wants Mr. Hyde
1. A shirtless Vincent on the rowing machine.
2. Vincent falling right back into being a doctor with such ease.
3. Vincent comforting Jacob Sutter’s wife.
4. Gabe in casual attire (c’mon don’t hate, Sendhil is beautiful and the suits cover up too much).
5. This is like the third time we’ve got JT in suit.
1. Vincent’s dream about Cat wanting to get back together.
2. Vincent and JT talk about the old Vincent and what could have been.
3. Vincent saving Jacob Sutter’s life
4. Cat visits Bob
5. Cat tells Tess she called Gabe by Vincent’s name
• The orphanage
• JT pep talks
• Beasts don’t get better they only get worse
• the theme of ‘Man or Beast?’
Biggest Surprise of the Episode
• Cat’s dream sequence about killing Vincent.
• Bookend dream sequences.
• Agent Reynolds/Bad Bio Dad makes an appearance
• When it comes to getting what you want the means always justifies the ends.
• There are just truly too many to list. I’ve opted to focus on the good from here on out (for the most part). All I can say is all I see are plot holes for miles and my intelligence is under attack.
1. So are we supposed to forget about the gem?
2. Is it just me or has the myth arc as well as continuity gone completely out the window.
• Cat and Gabe’s lackluster on screen kisses.
• Cat’s cold and callous demeanor when it came to Vincent this week.
• No follow through on the huge leap forward with the JT and Tess that occurred last week.
• They phoned in the fight/action scenes.
Side Note: In case anyone is wondering, the title for this review is a play on the title of John Green’s novel ‘An Abundance of Katherines’. It is an awesome book that you should totally read while BATB is on hiatus. Actually, all of his books are awesome and The Fault in Our Stars is now a movie, so I’ll just leave that there for you to mull over.
Last Poll Results – BATB Great Debate #13 – Did you secretly want Gabe to actually be the bad guy? 85% of you wanted Gabe to be the bad guy.
This Week’s Poll – BATB Great Debate #14 – Do think VinCat will actually be on the right track by episode 2x16?
Make sure you vote and comment on this week’s Best Scene Poll as well.
The DVMPE’s Beauty and the Beast Podcast
Facebook Fan Page
Well, now it's your turn to sound off in the comments section below. I look forward to reading your thoughts.
PS: Don't forget to promote this and all positive Beauty and the Beast articles in all the social media you can. For instance be sure to click the like button, retweet this and +1 this article if you like it and appreciate this reviewer's hard work.