Next week marks the return of The Tomorrow People, with its tenth episode 'The Citadel'. It's an enjoyable episode - far better than 'Death's Door'. A lot happens, with surprises around every corner and a very interesting cliffhanger, albeit a somewhat predictable one.
There is no time jump - we resume right where we ended before Christmas. Those who wondered why we didn't get to see into Limbo in 'Death's Door'... well, you'll have to watch and see whether or not we do here. Stephen does provide some information on what he saw though, and does attempt to pursue it.
The main plot of the episode revolves around a place called The Citadel, an Ultra prison of sorts. A lot of dirty secrets are revealed about it, ones which do affect the Tomorrow People, leaving Cara very unhappy.
In the subway base, there is a disagreement in the group, and it's aimed at John. Frustrated with him, the rest of the Tomorrow People want a new leader - Cara. The group put it to a vote; who will emerge winner?
A few teasers:
- There are some ironic moments towards the beginning of the episode.
- Someone is shot.
- Ultra has finally gotten around to replacing TIM. What will the acronym be this time?
- Jedikiah's opinions on trust change quite a lot in this episode.
- Stephen's mother has a new boyfriend, and let's just say she seems to have a type.
- There's a cliffhanger, which I predicted way before the end. It's still quite good though.
Watch The Tomorrow People this Wednesday at 9/8c on the CW.