I'm not really sure what to make of this episode. I did enjoy it, but as a midseason finale, I would have much preferred 'Thanatos' to be the one that left us on edge over Christmas. The episode did provide drama, but was not as much of an attention-capturing episode as you might have hoped.
The whole idea that Roger is alive, as insane as it is, does interest me as a storyline. However, it seems to be becoming a bit too ridiculous now. The idea that Roger wanted John to try to kill him in order to achieve what Crick wouldn't test is a strange one, particularly due to the high possibility that Roger would have actually died. Quite frankly, I'm bored of this storyline. The problem is, I don't see where the show can go if they choose one way or another. A Roger death would see the permanent end for any search for the non-existent Refuge, while Roger being alive would see a happily ever after ending. Both basically result in the show's end. I do hope they try and either end this storyline, or at least make it more interesting.
On another relationship front, Jedikiah went to new extremes to keep Morgan save - by killing her. At first this made no sense to me. We'd seen previously that Jedikiah obviously cares for her, and then he kills her on the word of The Founder? Of course, this is where his genius showed. Faking her death by making it look real was the only way to convince The Founder that Jedikiah wasn't lying to him. Now, she is safe with the rest of the Tomorrow People. She doesn't seem evil, so she will potentially help them out.
Stephen is part of some bigger picture, one that both Jedikiah and The Founder have secretly lined-up. Presumably, this is to do with his father - perhaps they will attempt to reach Limbo just as he is already doing now. Whatever it is, I'd be willing to bet it isn't good. I'm looking forward to seeing it revealed.
Some other bits:
- So when John was using his secrets to convince Stephen that Roger is definitely dead, did he forget Russell was there? There was very little made about that.
- Stephen's mom obviously knows something about Thanatos. I'm still sticking to my prediction that she is a Tomorrow Person.
- I really hope Stephen and Russell didn't sit there and watch 347 trials before skipping to the end. They'd have needed some seriously strong drugs to keep them going.
- Ultra killed Crick. It's a shame, but the show had gotten pretty much all it needed from him.
- That impromptu party was fun. Even if just to see Astrid insult John behind his back and then stare at him. Perhaps those two will end up together.
- When are Ultra going to stop believing the BS failures that Stephen keeps making? Now that Jedikiah knows Stephen intentionally left Cara with her powers, how hasn't he realised it?
Promo for the return episode, 'The Citadel':
(Note: I have been a little lacking in my speed of getting these reviews done, for which I apologise. As of 2014, I will try to get them done quicker.)