Last Updated: 11th March 2014
Recent Main changes
Raising Hope marked as Cancelled
The Following, New Girl, B99 and The Mindy Project now marked as Renewed
Hannibal added to Table
Mixology added to Table
Mind Games added to Table
About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher Added to Table
Star-Crossed added to table
Arrow, Reign, Supernatural, The Originals and Vampire Diaries now marked as Renewed
The Michael J Fox is now cancelled
Bones marked as renewed
Sean Saves the World is now cancelled
Rake added to Table
The Following added to Table
Suburgatory added to Table
The Table is now embedded into this document as opposed to a separate graphic.
Enlisted added to table
The Assets is now cancelled
Chicago PD added to table
Killer Women and Intelligence added to table.
Welcome to this years SpoilerTV Cancellation Predictor.
Last year, each week, we updated our data (see the notes below about how we get our data) in order to see if we could predict which show(s) would be renewed or cancelled. As you can see from last years summary, we did pretty well.
This index is by no means a 100% accurate guide about if your show is safe or in danger and should be seen as a bit of FUN.
Here is a direct link to the full spreadsheet.
1) The Higher the Index Rating number the more likely a show is to get cancelled, lower numbers = safety.
2) This is an ongoing exercise that I hope to refine each week to make the index more accurate.
3) Only the major networks are included currently ie ABC/FOX/CW/CBS/NBC.
4) This chart is a prediction of all the shows using our own formula based on the viewing numbers, 18-49, and + 7 Numbers. These 3 factors are the main weighting of the Index number, however we also factor in things such as the Network they are on (eg CW shows get lower numbers), the day of week they air (eg Fridays are lower numbers), DVR Numbers and +7 and +3 numbers,DVD/Blu-Ray Sales,Production Costs, Cast Contracts/Availability, Syndication, online popularity such as streamed views and Torrents, Nielsen Online Ratings etc.
5) Shows still might not get renewed despite good numbers due eg a show coming to an end of run eg HIMYM is in it's finale season no matter what the ratings are etc or could be due to key cast wanting to leave after their contracts have expired. An example might be Supernatural if it’s two leads, Jared and Jensen wanted out, would Supernatural be renewed even if it had good numbers but no leads for the new season? etc
6) Shows that have been renewed for a New Season are marked in Blue
7) Shows with an Index over 2.70 are likely to be cancelled, 2.40-2.70 - in danger and less that 2.40 safe. Although shows nearer 2.40 are more in danger than a show with a lower index.
8) You can access this page via either the Start or Features Menu above or simply by Bookmarking it.
If you have any questions/suggestions, please don't hesitate in asking in the comments below.