On this, the week that (most of) television returns, and Amy Poehler celebrates her birthday, I have some very special gifts for all of you. That's right, some teases for the premiere of Parks and Recreation's sixth season.
Come back after the episode airs for a full review, but for now stave off your Parks hunger with a baker's dozen tasty teases.
- The premiere picks up right where the finale left off. Actually, back in time about 30 seconds.
- There is not one, but TWO time jumps in the premiere. Yeah, it's pretty legit.
- Ethel Beavers has not one, but TWO appearances in the episode. See, there's a theme here. And now that theme is done.
- There is a beautiful, heartfelt letter that will bring tears (for a character, and perhaps for you).
- Donna has got some mad deductive skills - the next Holmes perhaps?
- A character is surprisingly enrolled in divinity school. Or at least her dad thinks so.
- Leslie learns a lesson about posting pictures on Facebook. And it's not the only time in the episode the internet hurts her. Internet awareness kids.
- There is an odd fight at an ultrasound, which doesn't involve the parents.
- Leslie's got a new 40-phase plan. And for once, her plan's not going well.
- April finds her new hero. Hint: she's a strong, powerful leader in her town. And she wrangles wolves.
- Leslie changes her mind about taking a sleeping pill too late, which leads to an...interesting interaction with Ann.
- There's a cheese sculpture of a public official.
- Two characters adventure around the UK outside of London. One on purpose, one...not so much.
If you beautiful tropical fishes want to catch the full hour of fun, tune in to NBC September 26th for the season premiere!