Update: 17th May
We've just made some new improvements to our video player, in addition to the previously announced improvement on the removal of pre-roll adverts on short videos (see below), that we'd like to share with you.
1) We now have the ability to post 720p HD Promo videos and Sneak Peeks. For videos that we get that are HD you will now see a HD logo on the player when it's playing.
You can click on this to revert to standard resolution if you have a very slow connection.
Once a user selects a quality, the player stores a setting on the users machine and remembers the users setting so all your videos moving forward should start at the desired quality setting for that user.
2) The system should automatically detect when you are on a slow connection and play the most appropriate version for your system. HD videos are played in HTML5 for a nicer user experience on Mobile devices such as Android/iOS, phones and tablets.
3) The Bitrate and Buffering have been improved. You can now seek to anywhere on the players timeline without waiting for the video to fully buffer. Exactly as YouTube functions.
4) On mobile, you can now click the full screen icon to load the video properly on your mobile device.
5) Videos are now 640px by 360px in size (previously it was 640px * 400px). This puts it in line with the industry standard size for videos such as YouTube, Vimeo and others.
Below is an example of a HD video.
Note 1: Only videos that we get in HD will be available to play in HD. We still get a number of lower resolution videos, these will obviously only play in the resolution that we were sent.
Note 2: This will only affect videos that we post from today onwards, previously posted videos will not have this feature.
We hope you find these improvements useful. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in asking.
Original Post about no Pre-Rolls on Short Videos
Just to update you on a change to our video player.
One of the biggest complaints I get is that when we post a very short promo or teaser that you had to potentially sit through a 30 second advert. That is not fair to you the viewer.
So starting today, any video that is UNDER 30 seconds in length, the ad will appear AFTER the video has played so that you can view your content without waiting.
Don't say we never listen to you :)
Here is an example of a short video.
We hope you enjoy this change and makes viewing short videos a better experience here at SpoilerTV.
Any questions/comments, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments below.
Update: 17th May
Name-calling, personal attacks, spamming, excessive self-promotion, condescending pomposity, general assiness, racism, sexism, any-other-ism, homophobia, off-topicness, acrophobia, ailurophobia and destructive (versus constructive) criticism will get you BANNED from the party as will creating multiple accounts, actor abuse along with any other trollish behaviour. All comments in ENGLISH please.
Where appropriate please use the new Spoiler Tags if posting spoilers outside the scope of the article that you are currently on. See here for details.
If you have a problem with a comment, DO NOT REPLY TO IT. Instead Click the Dropdown Icon/Arrow to the right of the offending comment and click the Flag link from the dropdown. Our Moderation Team will then deal with any inappropriate comments.
Problems, Issues and Suggestions
If you have a technical issue please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any suggestions or feedback on the site please use our Feedback Form.
If your Disqus account has been blocked from commenting you can try Requesting an Unblock