Update: 17th May
We've just made some new improvements to our video player, in addition to the previously announced improvement on the removal of pre-roll adverts on short videos (see below), that we'd like to share with you.
1) We now have the ability to post 720p HD Promo videos and Sneak Peeks. For videos that we get that are HD you will now see a HD logo on the player when it's playing.
You can click on this to revert to standard resolution if you have a very slow connection.
Once a user selects a quality, the player stores a setting on the users machine and remembers the users setting so all your videos moving forward should start at the desired quality setting for that user.
2) The system should automatically detect when you are on a slow connection and play the most appropriate version for your system. HD videos are played in HTML5 for a nicer user experience on Mobile devices such as Android/iOS, phones and tablets.
3) The Bitrate and Buffering have been improved. You can now seek to anywhere on the players timeline without waiting for the video to fully buffer. Exactly as YouTube functions.
4) On mobile, you can now click the full screen icon to load the video properly on your mobile device.
5) Videos are now 640px by 360px in size (previously it was 640px * 400px). This puts it in line with the industry standard size for videos such as YouTube, Vimeo and others.
Below is an example of a HD video.
Note 1: Only videos that we get in HD will be available to play in HD. We still get a number of lower resolution videos, these will obviously only play in the resolution that we were sent.
Note 2: This will only affect videos that we post from today onwards, previously posted videos will not have this feature.
We hope you find these improvements useful. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in asking.
Original Post about no Pre-Rolls on Short Videos
Just to update you on a change to our video player.
One of the biggest complaints I get is that when we post a very short promo or teaser that you had to potentially sit through a 30 second advert. That is not fair to you the viewer.
So starting today, any video that is UNDER 30 seconds in length, the ad will appear AFTER the video has played so that you can view your content without waiting.
Don't say we never listen to you :)
Here is an example of a short video.
We hope you enjoy this change and makes viewing short videos a better experience here at SpoilerTV.
Any questions/comments, please don't hesitate to ask in the comments below.
Update: 17th May
Click to Read our Comment Policy
You can use any banner you like to personalise your SpoilerTV.
All you need to do is to put a link to your banner in the box below and press the Click Button.
(For best results your image should be 1090px wide and 200px high.)
We have more banners in our Banner Gallery here or in our Banner Forum post and here in the competition post.
Background Colour Picker