I'm just going to say it: the season 3 finale of Covert Affairs--set to air this tuesday, November 20--is by far my favorite episode of the season. In fact, it may just be my favorite episode of the entire series. The finale, titled Lady Stardust, got this description from USA Network: When a fellow spy is taken hostage, Annie travels to Amsterdam to eliminate Khalid once and for all.
Posted by Anna Elliott at Sunday, November 18, 2012 34 Comments
I was lucky enough to have the chance to watch the episode in advance, and believe me, if you're a fan of the show, this is not an episode you want to miss. Here are my 10 (mostly) non-spoilerish takeaways. And let me tell you, this was a hard list to come up with, because there is so much about this episode I would love to share and spoil. But here goes:
1. In order to meet Kahlid's randsom demands, Annie has to go to some rather painful extremes.
2. Augggie pops up when you--and Annie-- least expect him.
3. Auggie's pattern of seeming to have an old friend in practically every city comes in useful.
4. The hostage/randsom exchange does NOT go as you might expect.
5. Arthur and Joan put in a phone call to Annie, causing an interruption that will make you groan.
6. At some point in the episode, Annie makes a seemingly reckless decision--but not for the reasons you think.
8. There's a hint--but just a hint--of a new mission for Annie for next season, coming from a surprising source.
9. Auggie really is Annie's rock. They've been growing steadily closer over the last 3 seasons, but this episode really showcases how deep and strong their friendship is. And speaking of . . .
10. It may not be strictly-speaking true that Auggie and Annie have "that talk" as teased here. But I think it's safe to say that after this episode, their relationship will never be the same.
Questions? Hit the comments, and I'll try to non-spoilerishly answer.
If you're seeing this it means you're having trouble loading the site.
This is normally caused by an Extension/Addon installed in your Browser such as Adblock, Adblock Plus, Ghostery, Admuncher, AVAST! etc. You should try whitelisting www.spoilertv.com domains to ensure that all content is properly loaded.
See the Troubleshooting Guide Here
Follow SpoilerTV on Social Media
Print FriendlyFull Screen