1. Season 2 really is different. Really: For those who didn't watch the first season, Murphy says you can start watching now without knowing anything. "It's a completely new story," he wrote. He also reiterated there would be no parallels to Season 1. "Not a single thing...except some of the actors." The returning castmembers include Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe with new castmembers Adam Levine, Jenna Dewan, Clea DuVall, James Cromwell, Mark Consuelos, Chloë Sevigny and Chris Zylka. Also, this season will have 13 episodes and seven of them are already written.
2. Heroes vs. villains: Though Murphy previously said returning actors would be playing the polar opposite of their characters from Season 1, he teased that Lange's nun would be a little bit villain and heroine.
3. Haunted Halloween: One way in which Season 2 will be similar is that there will be a Halloween-centric episode early in the run. "The second episode is our amazing Halloween episode," he wrote. This means, Horror Story could return on Wednesday, Oct. 24 if FX wants the episode to actually air on Halloween.
4. The new Rubber Man: If you missed Murphy's photo of new castmember Levine, one of the new horrorific elements of the new season was introduced. "Bloody Face is this year's Rubber Man," Murphy said. Who do you think is scarier?
5. A new theme: Last season's opening credits provided many hints at what would be in store for the season, which is why there will be a new sequence this year. "We are shooting a new title sequence with the same team that did last year's," Murphy wrote. "The song may stay...not sure." Here's hoping they keep the same font.
Read more at TV Guide