The people have spoken, or, more accurately, the youth has clicked ! After a legitimate vote process (= kids on the internet voting 20 times a day for their favorite show), the winners were announced last night on CBS :
— Favorite network drama :
- Supernatural (last year's winner : House — SPN had not even made the nominee list).
- The Good Wife.
- The Vampire Diaries.
- Grey's Anatomy.
— Favorite cable drama :
- Pretty Little Liars.
- Game of Thrones.
- True Blood.
- White Collar.
— Favorite network comedy :
- How I Met Your Mother (last year's winner : Glee).
- Modern Family.
- The Big Bang Theory.
- Two and a Half Men.
— Favorite cable comedy :
- Hot in Cleveland.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Nurse Jackie.
- Royal Pains.
— Favorite sci-fi/fantasy show :
- Supernatural (last year's winner : Fringe).
- True Blood.
- The Walking Dead.
- The Vampire Diaries.
— Favorite crime drama :
- Castle (last year's winner : Lie to Me — Castle wasn't even among the 5 nominees).
- Criminal Minds.
— Favorite new drama :
- Person of Interest (last year's winner : Hawaii Five-O).
- Once Upon a Time.
- Prime Suspect.
- Pan Am.
- Terra Nova.
- A Gifted Man.
- Hart of Dixie.
- The Secret Circle.
— Favorite new TV comedy :
- 2 Broke Girls (last year's winner : Sh@t My Dad Says).
- Up All Night.
- New Girl.
- Man Up.
- Allen Gregory.
- Last Man Standing.
— Favorite drama actor :
- Nathan Fillion in Castle (last year's winner : Hugh Laurie in House — Nathan Fillion wasn't even nominated).
- Hugh Laurie (House).
- David Boreanaz (Bones).
- Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries).
- Patrick Dempsey (Grey’s Anatomy).
— Favorite drama actress :
- Nina Dobrev in The Vampire Diaries (last year, Lisa Edelstein in House won and Nina Dobrev wasn't even nominated).
- Emily Deschanel (Bones).
- Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives).
- Blake Lively (Gossip Girl).
- Ellen Pompeo (Grey’s Anatomy).
— Favorite comedy actor :
- Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother (he won last year, too).
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock).
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory).
- Chris Colfer (Glee).
- Cory Monteith (Glee).
— Favorite comedy actress :
- Lea Michele in Glee (last year's winner : Jane Lynch in Glee — Lea Michele was not nominated last time).
- Tina Fey (30 Rock).
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town).
- Jane Lynch (Glee).
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory).
— Favorite guest star :
- Katy Perry in HIMYM (last year's winner : Demi Lovato in Grey's Anatomy).
- Michael J. Fox (The Good Wife).
- Jim Carrey (The Office).
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Glee).
- Kristin Chenoweth (Glee).
I want to say Pretty Little Liars winning over Game of Thrones is a joke, Hot in Cleveland winning over It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is as deserved as Frank and Charlie's bed is clean, HIMYM winning over Modern Family is as funny as HIMYM (so it's not), 2 Broke Girls winning over Suburgatory is a travesty, Katy Perry winning over Michael J. Fox is a booby-filled enigma and Lea Michele winning over Tina Fey is grotesque, but I won't (plus I'd say something about The Good Wife and Fringe losing to Supernatural but I'm behind enemy lines here, that wouldn't be wise). It was good enough that they were nominated in the first place, I did not think they had a shot at winning in an award show like that.
There's a little hope in the movie categories though, where Bridesmaids, Rango, Emma Stone (The Help, Crazy Stupid Love) and Chloë Grace Moretz (Hugo) all won awards (Emma Stone even won two !).
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II was plebiscited with four wins (favorite movie, favorite action movie, favorite ensemble and favorite book adaptation). I think it would have been great if Harry could have shared some awards with The Help, X-Men First Class and Moneyball (I can't believe this one even got nominated), but it's deserved nonetheless.
Posted by Bunky Bunk at Thursday, January 12, 2012 104 Comments
If you're seeing this it means you're having trouble loading the site.
This is normally caused by an Extension/Addon installed in your Browser such as Adblock, Adblock Plus, Ghostery, Admuncher, AVAST! etc. You should try whitelisting www.spoilertv.com domains to ensure that all content is properly loaded.
See the Troubleshooting Guide Here
Follow SpoilerTV on Social Media
Print FriendlyFull Screen